Monday, October 03, 2005

FEAR?

I don’t like censorship, so though I have been tempted to delete some records, I have not yet done so (except for the spam).

Here’s one of the so-far two comments on my recent posting “Recommended Reading-Freemasonry”

The comment says:
“Anonymous said...

There is no real evidence to prove that cannibalism has ever happened in the history of man. It says so in the Bible.
God hates you, Mr. Huss. You are sinning by slandering those who do God's will.”



But in my post I said nothing about cannibalism. That makes me wonder – about a lot of things. I have two general guesses. One would make it funny, and the other… well, we’ll see.

But it's hard for me to take it lightly when someone says God hates me, especially when they refer to me by name, and allege I’m slandering against those who do God’s will. Please clarify. What is God's will and how have I slandered it?

Curious how they posted anonymously.
I have put my name to my words. So have many people who post here.

If anonymous reads this, I’m curious,
Could you please tell me which Bible passages reference cannibalism?

-Respectfully,

Jeremy Huss
Mentalgongfu

2 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As the resident Bible expert of this blog, I'll weigh in on this.

Here is one instance of cannabalism documented in the Bible (and not approved, mind you):

2 Kings 6:28-29 (ESV)
And the king asked her, "What is your trouble?" She answered, "This woman said to me, 'Give your son, that we may eat him today, and we will eat my son tomorrow.' So we boiled my son and ate him. And on the next day I said to her, 'Give your son, that we may eat him.' But she has hidden her son."

Here is another instance lamenting an event which occurred during the siege of Jerusalam by the Babylonians. This same event is prophesised and recorded in several places.

Lamentations 2:20 (ESV)
Look, O LORD, and see!
With whom have you dealt thus?
Should women eat the fruit of their womb,
the children of their tender care?


This is a rethorical question; the answer is 'no' you shouldn't eat your children. But many in Jerusalem did during the siege.

Other than those two examples, the only other text that comes to mind is this:

John 6:51-58 (ESV)
I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh." The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?" So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever feeds on me, he also will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven, not as the fathers ate and died. Whoever feeds on this bread will live forever."

This is a very interesting and complex passage, and I won't try to interpret it (much). But the Catholic understanding of Communion (trans-substantiation) comes very close to cannabalism. But Jesus is speaking symbolically. He doesn't actually want anyone to drink his blood and eat his flesh; that would be very morbid.

So the Bible seems to clearly document cannabalism and condemn the practice.

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Mentalgongfu said...

Thanks, John, for weighing in. This blog does need a Bible expert. That is now your official title. I'll pay you exactly what I make.

And although I mean it symbolically, I'll repeat what Steven Tyler (Aerosmith) once screamed: "Eat the rich!"

-J.A.H.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home